Position: Early Years Classroom Learning Assistant
To support excellent education for primary school students.
REPORTS TO: Primary School Principal
The Learning Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Provide instructional support for the classroom teacher.
- Offer help and individual attention to students in need.
- Assist in keeping the general classroom environment in order.
- Be an active and contributing member of the Primary School Faculty.
- Actively contribute to the operational needs of the school.
- Assist in out of class duties
- *Substitute for the class teacher when the teacher is not in school.
Qualifications and Experience
The Learning Assistant is expected to have:
- Practical experience working with or caring for young children.
- Excellent communications skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- The ability to work in different year groups
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
It would be desirable for the applicant to have a working knowledge of Early Childhood Education, the IB PYP curriculum or the equivalent.
Additional languages can be beneficial. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Note –Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Starts: August 5th, 2022 or soon as possible
Ends: June 20th, 2023
Last day for applications August 15th, 2022. Though interviews may start taking place before the last date.
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH
Please send your letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the application with “Early Years Assistant”.