REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Educational Assistant will be responsible for providing assistance and supervision to individual students and may provide individualized instruction.
- Implementation of direct instruction from the LS teacher/Case Manager
- Collaborates with the classroom teacher to deliver modified lessons when pushing in a classroom lesson
- Accompanies the student to various classes and activities depending on the need of the student.
- In the classroom, the Educational Assistant assists the student in being able to access the curriculum or a modified program.
- May provide one-on-one instruction under the tutelage of a LS teacher.
- Documents student’s learning and reports to LS teacher, case manager and parents.
- Duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the need of the student.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- University degree or special training in the field of student support
- Experience as a Support Teacher who has worked with students with different learning needs.
- Self-motivation, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Flexibility and commitment towards the role
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
- A strong ability to establish a good rapport with students and adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to view students with unconditional positive regard
- Ability to show initiative
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Respect for a new working environment
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
Note – Any illegal act committed on the school campus may be reported to the appropriate authorities. Per Swedish Law and under the Child Protection Policy guidelines; children are respected and protected. Swedish law forbids chastising, physical abuse or any other degrading treatment towards children, up to and including 18 years of age. If there are any suspicions about a child being abused or mistreated by an adult, parent, guardian or other student, then the school is obliged to report this to the Swedish Department of Social Welfare for further investigation in the municipality where the child officially resides. Staff will be dismissed or placed on leave immediately if report of abuse is confirmed.
Contract – 40 %, temporary
Last day for applications October 22nd, 2021 (the interview procedure can start earlier)
We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.
Please send your letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Educational assistant 40%’.