Reports to: Business Manager
Stockholm International School is a truly international K-12 school located in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. We are the first choice for the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Sweden. Our students represent more than 60 countries and our diverse community is made up of over 80% international students and teaching staff. Our language of learning is English but our outlook is global.
- Accounting, reconciliation and accruals
- Preparation of monthly and annual closings
- Create Income statement (P&L) and Balance sheet
- Overall responsibility for accounts payable
- Cost analysis according to budget (Direct Costs)
- Investigations including invoices, deviations, etc.
- Tax declaration, tax reporting, VAT (reversed VAT when applicable)
- System Administrator of Ascendo and SAPB1
- Improvement/coordination of work routines and processes
- Cash Management
Other possible responsibilities include supporting the Business Manager with, among other tasks
- Further work analysis
- Take additional responsibility for developing the finance department and its processes
As a Finance Officer you will work quite independently. The main contact areas are Business Manager who has overall responsibility for the school’s administration, finance and IT; and a Financial Assistant. Other contacts include requests from teachers and the school staff.
- Postgraduate education within accounting/finance.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role, the candidate needs to have high proficiency within accounting and be able to work independently.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience from non-profit organizations
- Experience from SAPB1 and Ascendo
- Knowledge of the Swedish language
Structured and detail-oriented. It’s important that you are service-minded and can give support to stakeholders from different countries who are not always familiar with the Swedish realities. You enjoy the environment with children around. The right candidate can work independently and is open to learn more as well as take on new responsibilities.
At Stockholm International School we are committed to protecting children. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Permanent contract with a probation period of 6 months
Start: as soon as possible
Fixed salary, individually based
Candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to HR Officer Yulia Zhivotkova, email address firstname.lastname@example.org Please send your application in English and mark the email with “Finance Officer application”. The deadline for application is 2020-06-25.
We kindly waive any direct contact with staffing, brokerage and recruitment companies, as well as other external sellers of job advertisements.