IB MYP Coordinator
Description / Purpose:
The school´s MYP coordinator has a key role to play in the development of the MYP at the school – 50% MYP coordinator and 50% teaching
REPORTS TO: Principal of the Section
- Coordinates the school’s MYP programme (grade 6-10) in collaboration with the Educational Leadership Team (ELT)
- Plans, implements, evaluates and develops the programme together with Subject Leaders
- Administrates, develops and leads the implementation of the programme in line with the guidelines of IB MYP Principles into Practice and the IB Mission Statement
- Maintains all relevant documentation in relation to the MYP
- Ensures that teachers are informed and follow IB regulations
- Supports teachers in all facets of the operation and organisation of the MYP
- Organizes / chairs / participates in meetings within the MYP programme
- Plans for professional development needs
- Informs parents and students about the programme
- Ensures together with the MYP teaching team that students meet the general principles of the IB MYP philosophy
- Cooperates with the DP, IPC coordinators and Head of Learning to ensure a progression within the programmes
- Has regular meetings with the ELT
- Ensures that the assessment and reporting is according to IB MYP standards
- Organizes evaluation visits together with the Principals and Head of Learning
- Teaches a minimum of one course in grades 6-10
- Working with students and teachers on academic integrity.
- Responsible for external examinations and other official communications with IB, assisted by the Head of Learning.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- A university degree
- A degree or certification in Education
- Extensive experience as an IB MYP teacher and deep understanding of IB MYP requirements
- Self-motivation, creativity and enthusiasm
- Experience and flexibility working in an international school environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- A strong ability to establish good rapport with students and adults
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to view students with unconditional positive regard
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
At Stockholm International School we are committed to protecting children. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary contract – 50%
Starts: January 10th, 2022
Ends: August 31st, 2022 (with a possibility of prolongation).
fixed base salary with an additional stipend of 3200 SEK/month
Last day for applications is January 5th, 2021. Though interviews may start taking place before the last date.
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH. Please send your letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email with “MYP Coordinator”.