Learning Support Teacher – Middle school
REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
JOB DESCRIPTION: A Learning Support teacher helps design and implement interventions for students with learning needs.
- Collaborating with the subject teachers to set targets and strategies and accommodations needed by the identified students.
- Create individualized, strategic lessons and interventions for the student
- Help students to cope with and overcome problems that arise because of learning difficulties.
- Use adaptive technology and targeted intervention programs to maximise individual learning potential.
- Work with students within a class and in small groups
- Progress monitor and collect data to measure student progress and appropriateness of student support.
- Planning, collaborating and implementing ILP’s.
- Adapting MYP program and conventional teaching methods to meet individual needs.
- Working as a team-member within the Department and wider school staff and liaising with other relevant individuals such as educational psychologists, parents and other specialists that compose a multidisciplinary team.
- Providing professional development and classroom strategies to teachers that will improve the classroom performance and student achievement.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Qualified SPED teacher or Qualified teacher with SPED related training
- Experience as a Learning Support Teacher
- Experience and knowledge in working with students in the area of English and Mathematics in upper middle school.
- Experience of MYP curriculum is an advantage.
- Self-motivation, creativity and enthusiasm
- Experience in working with / awareness of local laws
- Experience and flexibility working in an international school environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills
- A strong ability to establish good rapport with students and adults
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to view students with unconditional positive regard
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently
- Ability to administer assessments
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
Stockholm International School (SIS) is going through an exciting stage in its history. In autumn 2023, the School will move in to the Norra Latin building which, together with our existing site on Johannesgatan, will create an impressive campus in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. Already the leading choice for the region’s globally mobile diplomatic, business, and research community, this new addition to the School will allow us to expand to meet increasing demand from parents and provide a modern teaching environment in landmark buildings of immense heritage.
SIS students represent 60 countries and there are around 35 nationalities among our staff, making us truly international. In our welcoming and supportive community we encourage diversity, and celebrate cultural variety. Our language of learning is English, but our outlook is global.
We recruit committed and accomplished staff who share our vision to educate and inspire generations of global change-makers, and who thrive in a collegiate environment.
Temporary, 100%, with high possibility of extension for next year.
Starting: August 4 2023
Ending: June 13 2024
Last day for applications May 30th, 2023 ( interview procedure can start earlier).
We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.
Please send your letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , and mark the email with the title ‘Learning Support Teacher – Middle school’.
SIS holds the right to close the application process when a suitable candidate is found.
At Stockholm International School we are committed to protecting children. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.