Learning Support Teacher- Middle School
Reports to: Dean of Students
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates and implements Individual Learning Plans (ILP’s) with the Case Manager, Classroom / subject teachers and the Learning Support team.
- Collaborates with the Learning Support team , classroom teachers and subject teachers to set strategies, accommodations and targets for students that have been referred
- Develops and fosters the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of students
- Encourages students to develop self-confidence and independence, and to reach their potential
- Adapts the MYP and IB programs and teaching methods to meet individual needs.
- Uses and shares effective resources (audio-visual instructional materials and technology) to diminish the effects of barriers to learning and to stimulate the learning process
- Assesses, documents and communicates individual student’s progress to the relevant parties
- Works as a team-member within the Learning Support team and wider school staff and liaises with other relevant individuals such as Case Manager, counsellor, parents and other specialists that are part of a multidisciplinary team
- Provides support and classroom strategies to teachers that will improve the classroom performance and student achievement
- Accepts, proposes and helps in the implementation of important changes for improvement in the Learning Support team.
- Experience as a Learning Support Teacher
- Degree in Special Education is desirable
- Self-motivation, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Experience in working with / awareness of MYP & IB program
- Experience and flexibility working in an international school environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
- A strong ability to establish good rapport with students and adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to view students with unconditional positive regard
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
At Stockholm International School we are committed to protecting children. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary , 80 %
Starting: As soon as possible
Ending: April 5th,2021
Last day for applications January 21st , 2021
We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.
Please send your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com.
SIS holds the right to close the application process when a suitable candidate is found.