Stockholm International School is a truly international K-12 school located in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. We are the first choice for the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Sweden. Our students represent more than 60 countries and our diverse community is made up of over 80% international students and teaching staff. Our language of learning is English but our outlook is global.
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme Curriculum Coordinator (interim)
REPORTS TO: The Primary School Principal
Description / Purpose:
The School’s IB:PYP coordinator has a key role to play in the development and implementation of the PYP at the school, including the organization and successful integration of the entire curriculum. He/she/They collaborate closely with the Primary Principal and the Head of Learning.
- Pedagogical coordination of PYP in collaboration with the Primary School Principal
- Planning, administrating, developing and implementing the programme
- Maintaining of all relevant documentation in relation to the PYP
- Ensuring that teachers are informed about and follow PYP regulations
- Supporting teachers in all facets of the operation and organisation of the PYP
- Organizing and chairing regular teacher meetings
- Advising on strategic and action planning
- Being responsible for the planning of professional progression within the programme and professional development needs
- Organizing internal workshops as necessary
- Proposing and coordinating teacher participation in PYP workshops
- Curriculum review and development in the school
- Informing parents about the programme
- Cooperating with the DP and MYP coordinators and Head of Learning to ensure a progression within the programmes
- Participating in regular meetings of the Educational Leadership Team
- Being in contact with the PYP offices
- Organizing evaluation visits together with the Principal and Head of Learning
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience as an PYP teacher with a strong interest and experience in curriculum development and implementation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- The ability to show initiative and work independently
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to function effectively under pressure
- A pleasant and friendly personality
Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Note –Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary contract – 50%
Starts: January 10th, 2022
Ends: June 17th, 2022
fixed base salary with an additional stipend of 3200 SEK per month
Last day for applications November 8th, 2022. Though interviews may start taking place before the last date.
We only accept applications in English.
Please send your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com and mark the email with “PYP Coordinator”.