Reports to: Dean of Students
Stockholm International School is a truly international K-12 school located in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. We are the first choice for the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Sweden. Our students represent more than 60 countries and our diverse community is made up of over 80% international students and teaching staff. Our language of learning is English but our outlook is global.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administering Vaccination
- Entering and updating students medical records on a regular basis
- Conducting in-class sessions for students in topics related to health promotion
- Coordinating with the case managers for any new students referrals for diagnosis
- Actively participating in student support meetings
- Working closely with health agencies in order to bring updated knowledge to the school’s health system
- Supporting with any special admission cases that require medical expertise
- Collaborating with guardians, student support team, Social Services and other agencies when required
- Catering to the day to day medical needs of students visiting the medical room
- Delivering health-related educational knowledge to staff and students when needed
- Helping in creating systems and documentations required by the health agencies
The nurse would be part of a school team of two, working with the students from Primary, Middle- and Upper school
- Qualified nurse ( the license should be issued by the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare, ‘Socialstyrelsen’)
- Good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
- 1-2 years of work experience as a school nurse
- A specialisation as a School Nurse / District Nurse / Pediatric Nurse
- Previous experience working with children
- Experience of the journal system ProRenata
- Experience of working at an international school
- Self-motivation, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Flexibility and commitment towards the role
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
- A strong ability to establish a good rapport with students and adults.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to view students with unconditional positive regard
- Ability to show initiative
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Respect for a new working environment
At Stockholm International School we are committed to protecting children. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Permanent with 6 months probationary period
Starting: as soon as possible
Last day for applications December 15th, 2021 (interview procedure can start earlier)
Please send your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com with the title ‘School Nurse’. We only accept applications in English.