Stockholm International School is a truly international K-12 school located in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. We are the first choice for the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Sweden. Our students represent more than 60 countries and our diverse community is made up of over 80% international students and teaching staff. Our language of learning is English but our outlook is global.
- Teaching of Grades 6 to 9 Swedish – MYP Language Acquisition.
- Developing materials appropriate for classes with a wide range of abilities.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Be an active and contributing member of the school’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
Qualifications and Experience the teacher is expected to have
- Teaching qualification.
- Qualifications in the area of Swedish Language: Lärarlegitimation Svenska i Grundskolan.
- Experience as a teacher.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
It would be desirable for the successful applicant to have a working knowledge of the IB Middle Years Programme or its equivalent. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Permanent, 6 month trial period
Starting August, 2024
Last day for applications December 1st, 2023
Please email a short statement of interest as well as a current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email with “Swedish language teacher Secondary”
We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers. SIS holds the right to offer the position as soon as a viable candidate is found.