TEACHER: Middle School Design Teacher
REPORTS TO: the Middle School Principal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching a Grade 6 Design course.
- Developing materials appropriate for classes with a wide range of abilities.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Be an active and contributing member of the school’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
- Supporting students in maintaining their mother language skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Teaching qualification, preferably in Design and/or work related experience in the field.
- A solid grasp of digital media skills and the willingness to learn new digital platforms.
- Experience as a teacher.
- Preferred experience with IB programmes, MYP or DP
- Excellent communication skills in English, at a native speaker level.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Possibility, with qualifications, to teach other subjects, i.e. Individuals and Societies.
Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage. In addition, there may be a possibility to increase the employment percentage if a candidate can teach other subjects.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Start: as soon as possible
End date: June 10, 2021
Last day for applications, Oct 22th, 2021
Please email a short statement of interest as well as a current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the email with “Design teacher, part-time“. We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.
SIS holds the right to close the application process when a suitable candidate is found.