Secondary Physical and Health Education
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing an excellent PHE programme to Grades 6-10 students
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Being an active and contributing member of the School’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school and facility organisation.
- Responsible for students in off-campus settings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Teaching qualification.
- Qualifications in the areas of PE and/or PHE
- Experience as a teacher.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
It is desirable for the successful applicant to have a working knowledge of the IB Middle Years Programmes. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Permanent, 6 months probation period.
Start: January 10, 2022
Last day for applications October, 22nd.
Please email a short statement of interest, current CV and two references to: email@example.com Mark the email with “PHE teacher”. We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.
SIS holds the right to close the application process when a suitable candidate is found.