Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching of Grades 6 to 9 French language.
- Developing materials appropriate for classes with a wide range of abilities.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Be an active and contributing member of the school’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
Qualifications and Experience:
- French language teaching qualification.
- At least two years of experience as a teacher.
- Preferred experience with IB programmes, MYP or DP
- Excellent communication skills in English, at a native speaker level.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Possibility, with qualifications, to teach other subjects, i.e. Individuals and Societies.
Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage. In addition, there may be a possibility to increase the employment percentage if a candidate can teach other subjects and take on other responsibilities.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Stockholm International School (SIS) is going through an exciting stage in its history. In autumn 2023, the School will move in to the Norra Latin building which, together with our existing site on Johannesgatan, will create an impressive campus in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. Already the leading choice for the region’s globally mobile diplomatic, business, and research community, this new addition to the School will allow us to expand to meet increasing demand from parents and provide a modern teaching environment in landmark buildings of immense heritage.
SIS students represent 60 countries and there are around 35 nationalities among our staff, making us truly international. In our welcoming and supportive community we encourage diversity, and celebrate cultural variety. Our language of learning is English, but our outlook is global.
We recruit committed and accomplished staff who share our vision to educate and inspire generations of global changemakers, and who thrive in a collegiate environment.
Temporary position, 1 academic year
Part-time, 60 %.
Start: August 4, 2023
Last day for applications, is April 1, 2023
Please email a short statement of interest as well as a current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email with “French teacher, 60%” .
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH AND FROM QUALIFIED TEACHERS.
SIS holds the right to close the application process when a suitable candidate is found.