TEACHER: Secondary School Individuals and Societies Teacher
REPORTS TO: the Middle School Principal
- Teaching of Grades 6 to 10 Social Science
- Developing materials appropriate for classes with a wide range of abilities.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Be an active and contributing member of the school’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
Qualifications and Experience the teacher is expected to have:
- Experience as a teacher of Social Science.
- Teaching qualification.
- Qualification in the area of Social Science (Individuals and Societies).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
It would be desirable for the successful applicant to have a working knowledge of the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP). Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Starting August 19th, 2020
End date – June 16th, 2021
Last day for applications is June 27th, 2020
Please email a short statement of interest, a current CV as well as 2 references from supervisors to: email@example.com. Mark the email with “IS teacher”. We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.
SIS holds the right to close the application process when a suitable candidate is found.