Upper School Swedish Language Acquisition Teacher
Stockholm International School is a truly international K-12 school located in the heart of the dynamic city of Stockholm. We are the first choice for the globally mobile diplomatic, business and research community in Sweden. Our students represent more than 60 countries and our diverse community is made up of over 80% international students and teaching staff. Our language of learning is English but our outlook is global.
- Teaching of Upper Grades Swedish – MYP/DP Language Acquisition.
- Developing materials appropriate for classes with a wide range of abilities.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Be an active and contributing member of the school’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
- Supporting students in maintaining their mother language skills.
Qualifications and Experience the teacher is expected to have
- Teaching qualification.
- Qualifications in the area of Swedish Language: Lärarlegitimation Svenska i Gymnasiet.
- Experience as a teacher.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
It would be desirable for the successful applicant to have a working knowledge of the IB MYP/ DP Programme or its equivalent. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary – 50-75%
Starting as soon as possible
Last day for applications is October, 28th.
Please email a short statement of interest as well as a current CV in English to Upper School Principal Christine Öman at c.oman@intsch and mark the email with “Swedish language teacher DP”
We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers.