Position: Tech Support Specialist
Reports to: Head of Technology
Department: EdTech and IT
In this role you will:
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as required.
- Create and/or follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Make sure printers, video conferencing systems and other IT-related equipment is functioning for all SIS stakeholders.
- Take staff or students through a series of actions, either face-to-face or remotely, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant inventory reports when requested.
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to all SIS stakeholders during Tech Bar hours.
- Test and evaluate new technology when requested.
- Overtime work may occur with regards to events, both during evening and weekends
Qualifications and Experience :
- You have experience in supporting macOS, ChromeOS and Windows based systems and enjoy giving personal support to help users solve technical problems.
- You have a basic understanding of Linux and have exposure to scripting and terminal use.
- You are familiar with MDM’s.
- You articulate yourself well in English, vocally and in writing.
- You are a curious person and a fast learner. You enjoy diving into new technologies and tools.
- You are a problem-solver and are not intimidated by uncertainty – you will be thinking on your feet and researching problems on the fly.
- You work continuously on a task until completion.
- You are a team player who actively collaborates with people around you to find solutions to problems.
- You have a Degree or Diploma (Yrkeshögskolan or equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or other relevant field.
- You are sensitive to cultural differences and interested in working in a diverse environment.
Bonus points for
- Experience working with a remote workforce and in a fast-paced school environment
- Experience with Google Workplace, Jamf Pro and other applicable cloud services
- Understanding of secure networking best practices
- Working knowledge of Swedish.
At Stockholm International School we are committed to protecting children. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All applicants will therefore be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Administrative – Temporary, one year, 100%
Starting – 5th January 2022
Fast lön/fixed salary
Last day for applications: 8th November 2021 (interview procedure can start earlier)
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH
Candidates should submit a cover letter and C.V. to Sandra Loureiro, Head of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “TECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST”