Upper Primary School Teacher Science & Mathematics.
THE STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
DESCRIPTION: Teacher for Science and Mathematics for Upper Primary students. This is a cover for the extended leave of absence for the remainder of the 2021/22 academic year.
REPORTS TO: Assigned Section Principal
The teacher is responsible for the following:
- Teaching of Grades 3 to 6 Mathematics and Science
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the Mathematics and Science curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with parents.
- Coordinating with classroom teachers, subject teachers and the lab technician.
- Be an active and contributing member of the School’s faculty.
- Participating in the full range of professional activities in the school.
- Actively contributing to the operational needs of the school.
- Fulfilling other assigned roles such as advisory ro duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Teaching qualification.
- Qualifications and or experience in the area of Middle School or Primary School in Mathematics and/or Science
- Previous teacher experience with students ages 7 to 11
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport with adults and students.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- A pleasant and friendly personality.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- The ability to show initiative and work independently.
The successful applicant will preferably have a working knowledge of the IB Middle Years and IPC Programmes. Experience working with students from diverse cultures and countries would be an advantage.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. Included in the recruitment process will be a local and national police check as well as a mandatory police background check from the last year of employment in every country worked.
Temporary substitute – 100%.
Starting – as soon as possible
End date: June, 16th 2022.
fast lön/fixed salary
Last day for applications – December 9th, 2021 (the interview procedure can start earlier). We only accept applications in English and from qualified teachers. Please send a letter of interest, your CV and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the email with “Math & Science teacher”