How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Stockholm International School! We will be happy to answer any of your questions and guide you through the application process.
We accept applications for new students throughout the year. However, we do encourage you to apply as early as possible.
ONLINE APPLICATIONTo apply, visit our application website to read our terms and conditions and complete an online form. There is a non-refundable application fee of 2,000 SEK per child.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTSAs well as the online application form, SIS requests supporting documentation for each application. For a full list of requirements, see the list below.
ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE REVIEWThe Admissions Committee will review each application and supporting documents, admitting students as soon as spaces become available. Scroll down for details of what happens next.
- An identification photograph of your child (jpeg only)
- The applicant’s and Parents/guardian’s passport. Note: If you are a diplomatic family, we also require a copy of your visa.
- Applicant’s immunisation/vaccination record
- Official school transcripts/records (in English) highlighting the last three academic years (where applicable). The official school transcripts/report cards must be combined into one file. e.g. a PDF or a zip file;
- Principal’s/Teacher’s Recommendation Form (generated in the online application form)
- Psycho-educational reports (applicable for students with special needs). These must be sent in one file, e.g. a PDF or a zip file.
What happens next?
The Admissions Committee will review each application (including all documentation listed above). Please note, we can only consider applications if the form is complete and all supporting information is uploaded.
We admit students as soon as spaces become available. We ask families to accept an offer of a place at SIS within 10 working days of receiving it to confirm the space.
We will send an invoice for the Enrollment Fee (40,000 SEK) via Open Apply – the online application system – when we offer you a place. Payment is due upon receipt to confirm your acceptance of the enrollment offer.
If a space is not available in the relevant class, we add students to our waiting list. We give priority to children with siblings already enrolled and attending the school.