To be considered for admissions by SIS students must have an international connection and fulfil any of the following requirements:
- The student is a resident in Sweden for a confirmed limited period of time; or
- The student has attended school abroad for a major part of their education and therefore has a reason to fulfil their education in an International School in Sweden.
- The student is a dependent of a permanent employee of the SIS staff: or
- The student is currently living in Sweden but is planning to leave Sweden for a longer period of time; or
- The student speaks the language of the school daily with one or both parents/caretakers and has sufficient language skills to participate in the education; or
- The student is a student for which the municipality receives special state aid.
Our admissions policy is in accordance with Chapter 24 Section 3 of the Education Act. Within each category, applications will be looked at by Stockholm International School using the sibling priority and date of application as some of the key criteria. We are therefore only able to process applications in accordance with our admissions criteria.