At SIS, we offer the following subjects in the IB Diploma Programme:
Group 1: Swedish A Language and Literature HL/SL, English A Literature HL/SL, English A Language and Literature HL/SL, School Supported Self-Taught Language A Literature SL**
Group 2: English B HL, French B HL/SL, Swedish B HL/SL, Spanish B HL/SL, French Ab Initio , Spanish Ab Initio, School Supported Self-Taught Language A Literature SL**
Group 3: History HL/SL, Economics HL/SL, Psychology HL/SL
Group 4: Biology HL/SL, Physics HL/SL, ESS SL ( Environmental systems and societies)
Group 5: Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL/SL, Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation HL/SL
Group 6: Chemistry HL/SL, Visual Arts HL/SL, Geography HL/SL, Film HL/SL, Online Course SL*, Self-taught Language**
HL: Higher Level SL: Standard Level
Please note that:
- subjects offered may change
- students choose 6 subjects from 6 groups (one subject per group).
- for the complete IB DP, students must take 3 Higher Level and 3 Standard Level subjects.
- students who are bilingual (not Swedish) may choose to take two Language A courses, Language A-Literature as a self-taught language at a Standard Level and English A- Language and Literature at a Higher or Standard Level.
- students who are bilingual (Swedish) may choose two Language A courses, Swedish A- Language and Literature and English A Literature or Language and Literature both at a Higher or Standard Level
* For subjects not offered at the school. Requires prior consultation. Choices can be found on www.pamojaeducation.com
**Requires prior consultation. For more information click here.
DP General Regulations (last updated by the IBO – September 2016) are available here.